Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

The One With The Tropical Storm

Quotes of the Week:
"You don't take pics on tropical storm days!"
"Holy cow!....That's what Moses said"

Alright y'all... you probably already know how bad I am at this...but I am going to try again!
Sorry I haven't been emailing and such but I suck and I just want to talk to my mom #notsorry


But this week I thought I should probably let y'all know I am alive. As you may have heard (or not idk) there was a tropical storm named Cindy that hit Louisiana. I was on exchanges with one of my sister training leaders in my area, while my companion was at LSU with the other sister training leader. This was the weather report for that morning. (This phone is older than a dinosaur and this is the only way we can check the weather.)


video

We called our mission president's wife to ask her what we should do because we were supposed to be exchanging back that day. She told us to pack bags and 72 hour kits and head to Baton Rouge to be on lockdown at their apartment. So we called the other sisters and told them to stock up on food, turn the fridge on the highest setting, and fill their car with gas and we headed our way to Baton Rouge. Luckily, as we traveled the weather was fine so we made it safely. When we got there, we were informed that we weren't on lockdown anymore but we were told we couldn't drive back to Broussard until we got the thumbs up from President. So we double worked the area with the STL's. We went to LSU to go to the insitute class. (mormon religion class in college) and then the Bishop took us all out to Fat Cow for lunch. It was awesome. They make fries that they fry in duck fat. Sounds disgusting-but so good! I had a creole cream cheese malt, and now I know what heaven is like. Then we got the okay to go home. I was hoping we could be the new LSU sisters too.

The next day I hit my 3 month mark! It's so crazy, I can't believe that I have been gone for that long. The work makes it FLY by. 
Speaking of the work... I had my first baptism! Williams finally got baptized on Saturday! It was so amazing and spiritual. He is the cutest and he giggled when he came out of the water. 
2 Nephi 31: Nephi is on his death bed and he uses his last dying breathes to talk about the importance of baptism. He was surrounded by his loved ones and he wanted to be surrounded by them in the next life too, so he taught them about baptism. It is so amazing to see Williams have this wonderful experience and to be so filled with joy that he giggled. He is a child of God and I know that Heavenly Father was smiling down on him that day. This work is so unbelievably hard but it is so worth it. 

Give 'em Heaven!
...and also email me. 

Sister Tessara Kezos







No comments:

Post a Comment