Pages

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

The One With The Accident

Hey Y'all!
This week has been absolutely insane. Like more insane than the people of Louisiana-insane. 
This is long but worth reading, I promise. (and if it isn't then idk)
It was raining hard all day. And when I say raining I mean, straight up raining in our laundry room; pouring from the ceiling.  It was 9pm and we didn't have the managers number. We tried to get it from the front office window but they had only posted the hours they are open. So we legit had to tract for a number. We were knocking on all of the doors until someone answered and we could get help. yay

Tuesday-
We had someone come fix the ceiling. We then went to some meetings. We were on our way back when I got a phonecall from Elder Platt (from my MTC district) like what the dump! And we went and saw him cause he was in Baton Rouge! Then afterward we had the most secret mission ever. 
We got a text to visit a recent convert in the hospital here in BR, Our Lady of the Lake. They gave us a code to find her. We had the other sisters drop us off (so we had no car) and we asked the front desk where she was. They said they didn't have her there and that we don't need a code (which they gave us one so like ????) and they told us to go down a hall and walk until we couldn't walk anymore and pick up the phone. I felt like I was on a secret CIA mission. (which means that this was the coolest thing to ever happen to me.) We picked up the phone, which didn't have a dial pad whatsoever and waited for someone to pick up. We gave them the code and they sent us to the second floor. The second floor had no record of her. So we called another number which sent us to a different building. The problem was that this building was across the street. And by street I mean a 6 lane highway. And lemme tell ya about Louisiana, there are no such things as "sidewalks" or "crosswalks." You guessed it, we ran across the street. Straight up. Which was terrifying and exhilarating all at the same time. We found her building and they made us show our id's and check in. (side-note: the clerk wants a Book of Mormon- SCORE) and we had to leave our bags, phone, bibles, everything! They had us walk down a hall, turn right down a hall, turn left down a hall, and left down another hall. Then guess what. ANOTHER phone with no dial pad that we had to pick up and give them a code. Someone had to use a key card to let us into two sets of doors. This particular recent convert was born with fetal alcohol syndrome and was bounced from foster homes and abused. She tried to commit suicide which landed her into the super secret facility. She doesn't have much and they took away all of her dolls. But she has her faith. She loves God so much and knows that he takes care of her. She is the sweetest thing ever.

Wednesday-
I was reunited with the LOVE OF MY LIFE TODAY!! AKA Sister Adams, my MTC companion! It was so good to see her and we got to attend the temple together! I haven't been able to go through since I was with her so I was feeling some MAJOR MTC vibes. Which was super bittersweet. 

Thursday- 
I went on exchanges with Sister Thomas. If you remember or actually read the stuff I say, then you'd remember her from the time that there was a Tropical Storm named Cindy. Which is why Sister Thomas and I aren't allowed to EVER be companions or exchange with each other ever again. This is why:
We visited an EXTREMELY racist less-active member who also loves to watch murder mysteries while we are trying to visit her. But wait...there's more! We also visited our investigator who is getting baptized, Joey! There was a conflict with the day that we set for him and they accidentally triple booked the chapel. Like a general authority is coming and there are also two other baptisms. So we had to change the date of his baptism. Let's just say his girlfriend wasn't very happy with that news. She basically said that his baptism is the most important and there should be nothing else on that day. She hasn't involved us whatsoever with the planning. And she said she would have to call everyone and tell them that the date is changed. The sad part is, the date is after exchanges. I told her that one of us might not be there. She told me that she didn't care and that he has been through other missionaries before. OUCH. 
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
I was driving and Sister Thomas was in the passenger seat. We were driving to get Sister Uibel more oil so that she could make dinner. I was pulling onto a highway. We both thought I was clear, but there was something that was blocking our view and there was a speeding car coming the other direction. I pulled out and almost made it and they hit the back of our car. Luckily there was a car to witness the whole thing. We pulled into a Dairy Queen parking lot and started exchanging information. At this time it was 9:30pm. I gave the cop all of the insurance information and he witnessed the whole thing and said it was an accident so he didn't issue any tickets. He came up to us and said that we weren't insured when he ran our license plate number. My heart dropped. I knew that the church insures every one of the cars. He told us that unless we have proof of insurance that they would have to tow our car. (TEARS) So I called the vehicle coordinator. He yelled at me that we did have insurance, which I was aware of, but the cop wasn't aware of. I called the insurance company which sent me to an extension which gave me an invalid number. I called another number which did nothing. I called the first number again and it sent me to a different extension and they verified the insurance. AT THE END OF THIS ALL I WAS BASICALLY JUST A PILE OF TEARS. 

Friday-
We were on our way to exchange back and we were stuck in traffic next to a construction site that had an ambulance and they were loading a man in the back. It was the craziest thing. I got Sister Hurd back and we went to get an estimate on the damage of the car. Then we headed to the library so I could fill out an accident report. The insurance company called me at least 4 times to get my side of the story and I had to go into the library bathroom everytime, while I was filling out the report, and there are timers on the computers. You could say I was a little bit stressed. 

Saturday- 
1 month with Sister Hurd! We went to the State Capitol building with the Red Cross to volunteer for people who were affected by the flood. We got really dope vests. #perks  They had an obstacle course for kids. Sister Hurd and I raced each other. I totally won and didn't cheat at all. Then afterwards we went to lunch with the President and Sister Varner. Which sounds absolutely terrifying, but they are truly our parents out here. They just wanted to know if I was physically okay (which I am) and mentally okay (which I am working on.) They really care, which is refreshing. After, we went to a less-active's house. She has a garage full of ceramic making supplies. She makes all the things that you see in hallmark stores. We got to help her paint! Which was so much fun! 
We had an appointment afterwards. We didn't end up going because we had a super awful feeling about it. 

It has been an emotional rollercoaster of a week... but D&C 121:7-8

Love, Sister Kez





No comments:

Post a Comment