Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2017

The One With Christmas

Oh my sweet goodness y'all. I'm still alive, I'm just the worst and I haven't sent a weekly since before Christmas. 😅
So I'm going to be making up for it right now! Soooo I'm throwing it way back to Christmas!
I left off with me being transferred. So I was transferred to Gonzales, LA to be with Sister Strate. I said my goodbyes to everyone in Baton Rouge, including Hermana Stratton, Hermana McCombs, and Sister Jensen. I got to see Hermana Banner and Elder Roy at transfers though! 
Our ward mission leader is so crazy and awesome! He owns an old-fashioned bug and a VW bus! We got to ride around in it while we did service. We were raking leaves (because fall happens in December I guess) and we saw a man walking down the street and he was listening to music really loud and every once in a while he would stop to dance. It was hilarious, I LOVE the people in Louisiana! 
I hit my 9-month mark! And because I only serve a 17-month mission, I'm already over halfway!!
We had the opportunity this week to take some recent converts to the temple so they could be baptized for the dead. It was such an amazing experience. The spirit was so strong, you could feel the happiness of the people on the other side. The veil felt so thin at that moment. I'm so grateful for temples in my life. I have grown such a strong testimony on my mission of temples. Because we have a loving Heavenly Father who wants ALL of His children to be with him again, he provided a way. 
We made gumbo with a member and she really taught me how to make it right...i have the scars to prove it! 
My first Sunday in Gonzo was a combined ward meeting for Christmas Eve! I didn't know what the dump was going on the entire time haha. 
Christmas morning was definitely so different on a mission. I was really sad not waking up to biscuits and gravy and Andy Williams Christmas. We don't even have a regular Christmas tree, we have a Mardi Gras tree! Lol. We woke up and opened presents together with just the two of us. 
We decided to bake a cake for the members we went to FaceTime home. I got to meet my niece, Lydia for the first time and I straight up cried! And Teddy showed off his dance moves on the screen. I got a taste of what home life is going to be like,
 "Somebody ask me about Louisiana..."
"Nobody cares about Louisiana but you."
Ouch. But other than that, it was good to see my family, but I know where I'm supposed to be right now. 
After we went to a members and they fed us seafood gumbo. Where you have literal crab legs that you have to crack with your teeth and eat, chicken gizzards, liver, andouille, and shrimp. 
Then we went to an older (cajun) couples home in our ward. They are the sweetest people alive. He can't hear but every time we say goodbye he said: "I'm glad you got to see me!" Hahaha.
We had district meeting the next day and we wrote our goals for 2018. There was the bright idea to burn them in a scented candle. Which turned out to be us, almost burning down the church. We were heading back from lunch and I ran into my recent convert from Baton Rouge! I was so excited to see her I almost cried. #tendermercy then we went to target and I saw some members from Baton Rouge! It was like I never left!

Have a blessed week!
💕 Sister Kez
















No comments:

Post a Comment