Quotes of the week:
"I'm not Catholic, but I love fish."
"It says it's made with love!""Cigarettes?!"
"Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub!"
Hope everyone had an awesome Valentine's day, (and for the Parks and rec lovers "Galentine's Day")
-For preparation day last week, we went to the state capitol! We met a 17-year-old girl on the top named Christiana. She was so cute! She had so many questions, we basically had a giant lesson with 6 missionaries teaching! She had a lot of misconceptions about Mormons and she was so willing to listen to what we had to say. She even thanked us for correcting her. She was so sweet! And hilarious!
"Louisiana may be number one in worst education. We may be number one in STD's. But we have the best beignets. #BeignetsOverAids."
-I've already seen some miracles coming about from our mission having Facebook. I was able to get in contact with some people in my old areas. One messaged me and she told me her grandmother had died and I was able to provide some comfort. She had moved and so she doesn't have contact with the missionaries anymore. I got her information to send to the missionaries where she lives.
- For Valentine's day, Sister Strate made
us dinner #compgoals
-I was able to take an amazing video of James (a recent convert) trying to say my last name. It's the highlight of my day every time I ask him.
- We had pizza literally every day this week.
-I finally got my ukulele tuned! Only 8 months after not having a Polynesian comp who does it for you.
-We have this super sweet investigator and we were looking for a member to come with us to teach. The member we were going to ask is moving, so I felt prompted to ask another member. We told her a little about her and her first name. She said she'd love to. Later she called us back and told us the investigators last name and asked if that was her, we were like "yeah??" Turns out they went to school together!
-Cassie got baptized!
-Sister Hurd had her homecoming this week, and my parents went! I got a whole bunch of pictures sent to me of returned missionaries with my parents. It was wild, yall! And I was super jealous cause everyone got to see my parents before me.
- We went and visited a member in our ward who is going through chemo. She is the cutest little lady (and i mean little, she was 95 pounds before she started chemotherapy) but she has the strongest testimony. The whole time we were visiting her she was saying that Heavenly Father has blessed her so much. She is so strong in her trials and she never turned from Him. She was so positive and upbeat about everything. I hope to be like her one day.
Now for the title, buckle up y'all.
So our ward mission leader has chickens, guinea hens (birds of nightmares), a turkey, and a goose. So why does this matter? Well, he and his family went on a cruise for a week. So naturally, we fell with the responsibility to take care of his animals while he was gone. Now I'm pretty sure he won't ask us to do anything ever again.
*the goose doesn't like buckets (he thinks they are evil) so if he sees you with one he will attack because he thinks he is protecting you.
*we accidentally fed ALL the animals the wrong food. He even set the food we needed to feed them in the front with a cup so we would see. But we didn't.
*we don't have Google so we called someone and asked them to Google for us if what we fed them would kill them. (It wouldn't but we didn't want to take a chance)
*so in order to correct our mistakes, we had to crawl in the cages and clean out the wrong food. Well while that was happening, the birds escaped. Every.Single.One. i came out to find my companion in the cage and the birds free.
*the chickens were pretty easy to round up, and we could pick them up and put them back in. But the gray one. He doesn't like to be caged, and he is fast. So we ran after him for a while and finally caught him. Then the guinea hens. They were finally free and they ran around the house 8 times. We could NOT catch them. And guinea hens you can't touch.
*we had an appointment so we had to leave. We were hoping they would run around until they were tired.
*we came back (it was dark now) and they were all sitting on the fence. So we were trying to grab them and if you grabbed them they would freak out. They ended up flying into the neighbor's yard. And by neighbors yard, I mean the Jehovah Witness' parking lot. So we ran there and tried to herd them up.
*and it sufficeth me to say: we got the guinea hens back into the cage.
(And at a later time the goose and turkey escaped while we weren't there. And when we were leaving the dog ran out of the fence too. So we literally let every animal loose.)
Who let the dogs out?
Sister Kez





No comments:
Post a Comment