-We are getting smart phones in our mission! So we had to have technology training, to learn how to use our phones for good. We had a conflict with the BR meeting so we got permission to go to the NOLA tech conference. I didn't tell anyone. So I was able to surprise my MTC companion, Sister Adams! She had no idea! I haven't really even been able to talk to her for 10 months! We hugged so many times the elders started keeping count haha I also got to surprise Elder Platt from the MTC and Hermana Banner who I used to live with!
- not only are we getting smartphones but we are getting another mission! We found out that they are consolidating the Mississippi Jackson mission into ours! Coming July 1st we are going to have 100+ new missionaries in our mission! And we could have the possibility to go anywhere in Mississippi or Louisiana! A lot of the sisters in my MTC zone went there as well so we will be able to go home together!
-We had a referral that we contacted. He had called the number on a pass a long card that was left in the door of his cousin's house in Denham Springs by the missionaries who were tracting there. No effort is wasted!
-we shared Ether 3 with someone and she said she got cold chills #spirit and that it was exactly what she needed. So cool!
-I got permission to see Hayley Gatchell, a friend from home, she came and took is out to lunch to some jambalaya! It was so good to see her!
-Tumie, from Plaquemine, LA was baptized this week. She has been attending church her whole life but her father wouldn't allow her to be baptized until she was 18. She had to wait 10 years to be baptized. She is so amazing. Ive been thinking so much about how much we take for granted. How she has lived her whole life without the gift of the Holy Ghost or being able to enter the temple. Since the temple was closing that day they confirmed her a member at her baptism and gave her permission to do baptisms for the dead that day. She is going to go so far in life. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a member of this church and got the blessing of being baptized and the blessing of the Holy Ghosts guidance in my life.
-we asked a member to pick up a bed from an investigator and he didn't really seem up to it. Later he called us and said he needed to repent for cursing us lol. He didn't want to but he decided to go and serve and he thanked us for that opportunity because he had prayed that morning to be able to serve someone. #ThoseDarnSisters
-i had the chance to teach gospel principles about the Sacrament this week. It was one of the best lessons I've taught on my mission. I've never truly realized how important the Sacrament is to me until my mission. That Jesus Christ implemented the Sacrament for us. For us to remember him and for us to recommit to our Heavenly Father. It's such a special time for us to reflect and determine ourselves to be better each week.
Q: what does the Sacrament mean to you?







No comments:
Post a Comment